Sunday, March 05, 2006

Bad Karma or just a bad day?

OK!! I admit it! My ipod fell off the back of a truck. It only cost me $250 when they retail for $400. Which may explain why, the night before I was due to come to Bangladesh, its entire music library was completely wiped, leaving me with only a few hours to redeem a small fraction of my favourite music.

And I don’t reply to or participate in chain mail – I just delete it.

After having the worst run of bad luck I’ve had in years over the past 24 hours, I’m beginning to think maybe the deeds of my past are coming back to haunt me.

10pm: Realise my ipod, ipod charger and camera battery charger have been stolen from my backpack, probably by “security” officials at Kolkata Airport. (I have good reason to suspect this, but won’t go into it now).

10am, next day: Mobile phone breaks.

12pm: Am required to deal with most horrifying, awful, unhelpful people at Indian Visa Application office in Dhaka. Leave almost in tears.

5pm: Get bus home from Dhaka. Bus gets flat tyre.

8pm: Step in weird gooey stuff in the kitchen at my house while wearing thongs.

I’m not even sure if it’s over yet, but whatever the cause of my bad run of things, I feel I’m being tested to see just how far my patience can stretch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home