Saturday, November 19, 2005

Amar Shit Lage

Today was the last day that I will have a shower in my house until the temperature starts to rise again. I will now be resorting to bucket baths warmed up with boiled water. This morning the water was so cold I could hardly stand under it, although I no doubt have little resistance to anything cold at the moment, after seven months of stifling heat.

I just love the face that “shit” means “cold” in Bangla. I have a little chuckle every time someone asks me if I feel “shit”. I like to reply with something like, “Oh, I feel INCREDIBLY shit. I’ve never felt more shit in my life!”, simply to take advantage of the situation.

PS – I also love how people are really willing the winter to come. I’d say it’s about 26 degrees today and I’ve seen 4 people wearing scarves! Raju has been wearing a skivvy for the last 4 days. No shit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home