Saturday, November 19, 2005

Oh, the joys of living in a tactless society

1. Raju – a moral dilemma

Me: I wore a sari the other day.
Raju: Oh, you would have been beautiful. Do you know, Tangail saris are the best ones you can get.
Me: Really? Does your wife have any?
Raju: Oh, yes. When I went to Dinajpur, I bought her five Tangail saris.
Me: Oh, beautiful.
Raju: No, she is not beautiful.
Me: WHAT?? How can you say that?
Raju: She is not beautiful, because her skin is very black.
Me: Raju! You can’t say that! Of course she’s beautiful.
Raju: No, she isn’t. But she has a very open mind, so I like my wife very much. I don’t care what she looks like. I like her mind.

Is he living on a higher or a lower level than the rest of us?


2. Nizam – I thought you were my friend!
Text message. Received 20:54, 23 October 2005:

“Don’t sleep so much. U r getting too fat day by day.”

It’s a good thing I’m also getting thicker skin day by day.


3. Shahin – Evangelical Muslim

Shahin: You should become a Muslim.
Me: Why?
Shahin: If you become a Muslim, you can go to heaven.
Me: My religion has heaven too.
Shahin: Yes, but our heaven is very different.
Me: What’s your heaven like?
Shahin: Our heaven is a very beautiful and peaceful place. You will be very happy there.
Me: My heaven is like that too – they could even be the same place!
Shahin: No, ours is very beautiful. If you become Muslim, it will be very good

1 Comments:

Blogger shopna said...

★★★Bondu ra sex korba but বিসসেস্ত khuka passo na amaka call dao 01763852350""Phn sex 500taka""imo sex 1000takaসমই ১ঘণ্টাসেক্স করলে ১০০ ভাগ সেভ থাকবে ১ বার টাই করে দেখ

10:48 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home